Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new top ten list is posted for us bloggers to share the books we love and discuss anything book related! To see more details about Top Ten Tuesday click HERE.
This week's topic is the top ten older books on my TBR list. I chose this because as I was walking through the bookstore today, I realized just how long it had been since I regularly read. Until today, it had roughly a year since I had purchased a paper copy of a book. Normally I prefer paper books, but since I have not had any spare money until last month when I started working, I have been reading books online and borrowing from friends. I really hate this, but its just how it has been lately. So anyway, other than a few books over Christmas break and summer, I have not been consistently reading for a few years, only picking up a book here and there. How depressing is that?? VERY. So because of that, I have lots and lots of books to catch up on! Here are the books on the top of my list that are not new releases! These are in order of my goodreads list, not priority!
1) Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse #1) by Charlaine Harris: I actually just got this book today, I am so excited!! I just learned that the True Blood TV show is based on this series. I have never actually watched True Blood but I have heard so many good things about it and I love a good vamp book!
2) Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: I have been talking about reading this book since I started book blogging, and I am very proud to say that I bought it today so I can actually make that happen soon :) I am so excited for this book. Everyone I talk to about it is always telling me how great it is!
3) Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella: Surprisingly I have not read any Sophie Kinsella. I don't know how and I don't know why, but I am definitely going to change that this summer!
4) Graceling by Kristen Cashore: I really have not heard to much about this book, but I just think it sounds really great! I keep seeing it at my bookstore but I have been buying other books over it, hopefully that changes this sumer :)
5) I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls #1) by Ally Carter: I actually read this book once upon a time, back when it was the only one of this series out. I remember I really, really liked it. That's about it. Unfortunately, when my parents moved it got lost with many other wonderful books. Now that tmore of the series is out I really want to read it!
6) Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi: This is another book that I bought! I am so excited for all my new books :D Anyway, I have been hearing about this since I started blogging and have been interested but hearing mixed reviews. Then I saw this beautiful cover and HAD to buy it. And now, because of the beautiful cover, I cannot wait to read it! Yes, I admit it, I judge boks by their cover.
7) City of Bones by Cassandra Clare: Even I don't understand why I have not read this series yet. Clearly something is wrong with me. There is no other explanation.
8) Delirium by Lauren Oliver: This is another one of those that I really can't believe I have not read. I really missed out on some awesome books when I stopped reading for a while. At least now I don't have to sit and wait for the next book. I can read it all at once :)
9) Across the Universe by Beth Revis: Ever since I saw this cover I have been dying to read this book! The cover is absolutely B-E-A-UTIFUL! And I have not read a book that has to do with outer space and whatever else is in this book, so I am seriously intrigued. But since they changed the cover to something lame and not cute, I am waiting until I come across the cover pictured above, I refuse to have anything less. This is possibly my favorite book cover EVER. I need it.
10) Ready Player One by Ernest Cline: This book sounds so different and awesome, I have to read it. I have heard wonderful things about this book! I am also really thankful for the book community because this is one of those books that I probably would not have picked up on my own. I can't wait for this one!
There are so many more books I wish I had room for on this list! Why only ten?? As I was looking through my goodreads list to pick out my books, I kept coming across others I wanted to add. I was going to exchange a few but I am feeling lazy and have already typed out all my coments on the books so I did not want to do that all over. So here are a few honorable mentions that were further down on my TBR list:
What older books are on your TBR list??