Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Summer Series Challenge



Hey guys! So I was wondering around different blogs from yesterday's Top Ten Tuesday list at The Broke and the Bookish and came across the Summer Series Challenge at Love is not a Triangle. I have so many series that I am super excited to read, so the second I saw this I started thinking of all the books I need to read this summer!


For those interested here are the rules:


  1. The Summer Series Challenge begins June 1 and runs through August 31. Books must be read or listened to within that time. We will count audiobooks.
  2. Anyone can join the challenge, but you need to have some place that you can publish reviews in English – blog, Goodreads, Amazon etc. - for your reading to be counted towards the giveaways.
  3. Although there are no genre restrictions on the books you choose, they have to be part of a series. That means no standalones.
  4. Companion books in a series will be counted. For instance Simone Elkeles Perfect Chemistry series or Miranda Kenneally's Hundred Oaks series are fine. 
  5. The purpose of this challenge is to encourage readers to finish completed series.  That means the series you choose need to be fully published. You cannot count debut series that only have one book released.*  


*We will make an exception for unfinished series that have at least 3 books released.  For instance, Megan Whalen Turner’s Queen’s Thief series has 4 books released though 6 are planned, so those books would count.



You MUST sign up with one of the hosts to participate in this awesome challenge! You can find out more information and register through them at their blogs. Here they are: Asheley @ Into the Hall of Books, Heather @ The Flyleaf Review and Lauren @ Love is not a triangle.

Here is my list, as of now. I just know I will be constantly updating it so when this challenge starts I will post a final update list of all the books I plan to read :)

  1. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
  2. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
  3. Gallagher Girls Series by Ally Carter
  4. Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  5. Graceling Realm by Kristin Cashore
  6. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins 
  7. Eon by Alison Goodman
  8. A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
  9. Fallen by Lauren Kate 
  10. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpartick
  11. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
  12. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
  13. Stephanie Plum by Janet Evanovich (books 12, 13, and 14)
  14. Heist Society by Ally Carter

If you are looking at my list thinking, she must read ALL DAY to finish these books, I know.. I'm crazy. And I am fully aware this is an unrealistic goal, because this is almost 50 books. And I have standalones that I want to read as well. So, like I said before, I will revise this before I actually start the challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...