Thursday, May 9, 2013

Feature & Follow Friday (#4)



Hey guys! Today is Friday which means Feature & Follow Friday! FFF is hosted by Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read.  It is an opportunity to gain followers and find new blogs in the book blogging community! You can find more information about it here. This week's featured blogs are Counting in Bookcases & The NerdHerd.

Here is the question of the week:

Happy Mother's Day! Who is your favorite mom from fiction?

Wow, what a great question! I don't always pay a lot of attention to the moms in books so I'm going to have to flip through all my books on goodreads for this one...

...Okay, so after looking at all my books on goodreads, here are two awesome moms that stood out to me:

-Mrs. Weasley from Harry Potter. I'm sure she will be a popular pick today because who doesn't love Mrs Weasley!? She's a great mother and takes in Harry as her own. And when the time comes, she's a totally awesome! 

- Grandma Mazur from the Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich. Technically she's the main character's grandma, but being a grandma, means being a mom too so I'm counting it! She is probably my favorite secondary character in this book. This is how I imagine my grandma before she got sick. I love everything about her, she is such a badass grandma. She is fearless, and absolutely hysterical!

Who are your favorite book moms??


17 comments:

  1. Like you I don't pay attention to the mom in books so seriously I cannot think of anyone for this week's question. Anyway thanks for stopping by and I follow back =)

    Amie @Magic of Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs Weaseley is always a favorite!
    new followe via gfc and bloglovin :)
    here's our FF

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry Potter moms (both Mrs. Weasley and Lily) were my answers too, but your second pick made me think of the mom/grandma/guardian from Beautiful Creatures. (Blanking on her name right now.) She was good too. :D Thanks for stopping by my blog. Now following you via bloglovin' as well as GFC. :D Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't pay attention to them either. Instead I picked many moms for different reasons on my post. Awesome blog!

    Julianna Smith
    http://readingintwilight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool picks. i like her too :)

    new follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/feature-and-follow-47.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have more favourite Grandmothers than favourite Fictional Mothers :D

    My Follow Friday

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I can definitely think of more stand out family members than character's moms! :P I love your choices, Mrs. Weasley is awesome :)

    New GFC Follower!

    My FF HERE.

    -Seirra @ Dear, Restless Reader

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weasley fans unite! haha I love her :) New follower!!

    http://www.myfavoriteescapereviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grandma Mazur is so awesome!! I haven't read the books in a couple of years but I definitely remember her lol
    I'm an old follower :)
    Thanks for stopping by My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by
    Returning the follow :)
    Following on Bloglovin

    Michelle@Because reading is better than real life

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting My FF! Following back via GFC

    ReplyDelete
  12. I noticed that a lot of parents just aren't a part of the stories, but Molly is a fantastic answer. Thank you so much for visiting my FF. Bloglovin follower :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not yet read HP, but I can still can appreciate everyone's love for Mrs. Weasley from the films.

    Thanks for visiting.
    Stephanie (Go Flash Go) @ Read, Rinse, Repeat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a great comment!
    I of course agree with your answer! ;)

    I'm your newest follower!
    J.B. :)
    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read HP yet huhuhu

    new follower via GFC and bloglovin ;)

    My FF

    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/05/feature-and-follow-friday_16.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...