Monday, May 13, 2013

Review: Wait for You by J. Lynn



Book: Wait for You (Wait for You, #1) by J. Lynn
Published: February 26th 2013 by J. Lynn
My rating: 5/5 Stars
Genre: New Adult 
*this book does contain mature, adult content

Goodreads Summary:
"Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing…

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she’s has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for…"


This is the first book I have read in the Bout of Books Read-A-Thon :)

I LOVED this book! (I'm pretty sure I say that exact phrase in just about every review I do haha, sorry guys). But for real, this book was great. It's possibly one of my new favorites. This is the first JLA book I have read, and if all of her books are this good (and I have heard they are) it will most certainly not be the last! 

After reading Fallen Too Far (Here's my review) and Never Too Far (I have not done a review for this one yet, but I'll get around to it soon hopefully!) by Abbi Glines I was in a serious funk. I'm not really sure why but I took about a week off from reading. I don't know if it was the books or just the fact that I have been reading constantly for a month straight after not reading consistently for about a year, but I needed a break. I think I started reading 3 or 4 different books and just couldn't decide what to read. Finally, I picked this book up and told myself I wasn't allowed to stop. And I didn't. Two nights in a row I was up until 4:30 AM reading. Not smart considering its my finals week, but that's beside the point. This book brought me out of my funk, just in time for the Bout of Books Read-A-Thon! Thank goodness :)

Reasons I enjoyed this book:

-This book had everything, literally guys.. ALL THE FEELS. I would be laughing one moment, crying the next, and then in love 5 seconds later. This book discussed some rough topics, but it had some light and funny moments too. I really felt like I could get into it and desperately wanted to know what would happen next!

-College. I really loved that the characters in this book were in college. I felt like I could relate to them better than I have to some books in the past. This just all felt like a realistic relationship to me, not something that was created overnight but a good relationship that was built over time. 

-Real issues. I know I mentioned this already, but it is a big reason why I enjoyed this book so much. These characters have been through some serious crap, and they are struggling to form a relationship and work through their issues together. In many books, the characters are stupid and make their own problems, but Cam and Avery are working through their past and learning to not let it consume who they are all while trying to form a relationship. 

Things I did not enjoy about this book:

-The end, really felt like the end. I find that a lot of authors tend really paint a picture of the story making you feel like you are a part of the book, until the end. Once you get to the last few chapters, it is often more of the author telling you how the story ends, rather than feeling like you are living in it. The time chunks that are skipped get larger and soon enough you find that you missed out on a good 3 months of the story. I get that it may not be an important 3 months, but when this happens I feel like I have been pushed out of the book and really am just reading about what happens. I dont know if that makes any since to you guys, but in my head thats how it works. That is how I felt toward the end of this book. It may have been just me, but weather it was my subconscious preparing me for the end of the book, or something everyone else feels too, I was a little disappointed when I was done. 

Overall: EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK. I loved it :) I would give this book a good 5 stars! I can't wait for the second book!

Have you read this book? What did you think of it?

2 comments:

  1. I agree! JLA is a great writer and this is such a fantastic book. She seems to really get the college life feel, which makes this one stand out more. Glad you lived this as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is, I can't believe I am just now reading her books! And since I am in college I always get SUPER excited when I find a book written about college students, I really feel like I can relate better!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...