Friday, April 12, 2013

Review: Walking Disaster

Hey guys! So before I get this started, if this is totally bad.. please forgive me, this is my first book review EVER! So I'm definitely still trying to figure things out. If y'all have any tips for me to make my review better just let me know :)

Walking Disaster (Beautiful #2) by Jamie McGuire


First, let me just say that I found Beautiful Disaster (The first book in this series) three days before Walking Disaster was released. I finished Beautiful Disaster in two days. And had to wait 24 miserable hours for Walking Disaster to come out. At midnight the day it came out, I was downloading the sample ebook onto my phone. Because I firmly believe in owning a physical copy of the book, I was not able to read the full book until a few days later. And once I got it, I didn't do ONE. SINGLE. THING. except read until I was done. And it was awesome :)

For those of you who haven't read it, here is the summary for Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire:


Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Can you love someone too much?
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.

So, if after reading this your thinking "Amber, I havn't read Beautiful Disaster yet so that summary means nothing to me. Here's what you need to know:

When we meet Travis he is your stereotypical bad boy: lots of tattoos, drives a motorcycle, and basically a walking one night stand. Abby came to college to start fresh and get away from her past. Then she meets Travis. Abby is the first girl who actually talks to Travis, rather than drooling over him and trying to get him in bed with her. One night, they make a bet. If Abby wins Travis can't have sex for a month. If Travis wins, Abby has to move in with Travis for a month. And thats where it gets juicy :) I'm sure you can imagine how the story takes off from there. And yes, it is as awesome as you think it is.


It's Travis's point of view!!

Here is what went through my head after reading the summary:
"It's the same story. How LAMEEE. I guess I'll read it. Just because the first book was so good. Well, it could be cool to see how Travis thinks..." and then 10 minuets later... "OMG I CAN'T WAIT!!"

This was the first book I've ever read that was the same story with a different perspective. As you can tell, I was SUPER HESITANT when I first read about it. But after my initial reaction, I started to think about which scenes I wanted to see through Travis's eyes. And I came up with a lot of things I wanted to know about him. Thats when I got really excited. 

One of my favorite parts of this, was getting to hear the conversations about Abby that America, Shep and Travis had. I kind of wish there were more but I still LOVED it. In my mind, I am Abby. (Please tell me I'm not the only one), so getting to see what America told Travis was so exciting. I totally felt like I was listening in on them talking about me, and it was so exciting. I also really liked how America is Abby's friend first, but there were definitely times when you could see how much she cared for Travis as a friend as well. She was so sweet when she would take care of him after Abby's crazy freak out moments. 

I could go on and on but I don't want to give anything away to those of you who have not read it. Overall, I would give it a 4.5 out of 5 stars. 

I say 4.5 instead of 5 because as much as I loved this book, and I really did looooove this book, there were still a few parts where it was a little too repetitive in my opinion. It may be because I read the books back to back, but I did have a few moments where I was like I KNOW THIS ALREADY. And I just wanted to get back into the inner workings of Travis's mind and how it was different from Beautiful Disaster, rather than the same. 

Would I recommend this book? YES! Other than my small rant at the bottom, the book really was awesome. I do have to say, to those who prefer guys perspective.. YES, YOU NEED TO READ BEAUTIFUL DISASTER FIRST. There are definitely major events and characters in the book that are not elaborated upon because it is expected that you read the first book, so you will be confused if you try to read this as a stand alone book. 

Let me know your thoughts! Did you looooove this book like I did? Why or why not??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...