Sunday, April 21, 2013

Review: Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

So, I finished this book Friday night and have been so busy I have not been able to write the review on it until now! Sorry this is late, but I hope you like it!

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Book: Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter (Goddess Test, #2)
Published: March 27th 2012 by Harlequin Teen
My rating: 5/5 Stars

Goodreads Summary:

"Kate Winters has won immortality.
But if she wants a life with Henry in the Underworld, she'll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry's first wife, Persephone."


**if you have not read the first book, I do not recommend reading any more of this review**

Things I really loved about this book:

-The book didn't take the first 100 pages to retell the story like so many other sequels do. 
I don't like HATE when the author spends the whole first half of the book retelling things we already know. When I really sit and think from their perspective I understand, but I always read series back to back or reread the first few before I read the new ones, so for me the retelling is just annoying and redundant. And in this book, Aimee Carter has done a great job of reminding you of what happend without giving you full descriptions of characters and events that happened in the previous book. It made getting into the story so much more enjoyable :)

-We got to meet Persephone. I'm sure we all saw this coming. She played such an important role in Henry's life that even though you don't like her for leaving Henry you really want to meet her to see for yourself who she really is. And, let me just tell you guys, I had so many different opinions on her by the time this book was over. I would hate her one minute and the next she would be my favorite character. Overall, I think I like her, but I'll let you guys decide for yourselves.

-Super intense emotions. Yeah, this pretty much goes along with what I said above. This book just made me feel so many different things. I really loved how Aimee Carter can completely catch me off guard. She has this story set up, and you think you know whats

Things I did not enjoy about this book:

-Im trying really hard to come up with at least one small critique, but I've got nothing. I loved this book so much. Which is really unusual for me with sequels because I do not normally like them nearly as much as the first book in a series.

-The only thing I was not a huge fan of is something I cannot mention. Basically the entire book I was constantly changing my mind about Persephone. At first I hated her, then I learned more about her and she wasn't so bad, and it just went back and forth until the book ended. But even though I did not like it, it was necessary for the story. So it really doesn't count.

Overall: I LOVED this book. So much. Thats all I can really say. It was just that good.

Did you read this book? What did you think about it?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the book. Have you read the third one? I enjoyed it. I really loved Goddess Legacy (I think that's the title) - where it told the backstories of all the gods and goddesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished the 3rd book in the series. I LOVED it!! I was really surprised by how good these books were! I have not read Goddess Legacy yet but I would like to! I really want to read all of their stories, especially Henrys :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...