Thursday, April 18, 2013

Review: The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter 

Book: The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter (Goddess Test, #1)
Published: 2011by Harlequin Teen
My rating: 4/5 Stars

Goodreads Summary:


"It's always been just Kate and her mom - and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.

Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld - and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he's crazy - until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.

If she fails..."

Things I really loved about this book:

-It may have been just me but for the most part I didn't know what was going to happen. I had my theories (I was even right about one thing!) but I didn't know how the book was going to proceed. So of course I HAD to keep reading. I was up until 3 AM the day I started this book because I was so anxious to see what happened next! Then I finished it the next day!
-I know some of you are probably thinking "Amber, this book isn't even 300 pages. Why is that such a big deal?" I love to read, and am willing to drop everything to read a good book, but that fact is.. I am a slow reader

-Greek mythology was a really nice change of pace for me. A lot of the books I read are either your typical chick lit book, or paranormal (vampires) or dystopian. I read so many of these books because I really do love them. But sometimes, I just need something new. And for me this was it! I loved it :)

Things I did not enjoy about this book:

-The main problem I had with this book was that it would skip HUGE amounts of time. Something big would happen and then the next paragraph would be a few weeks later. No tests were mentioned. We just skipped ahead with no warning to a new time period. In the end, I think it made sense. The book does cover 6 months, so to cover that amount of time in less than 300 pages, I get the need for it, now. But as I was reading it drove me nuts!

Overall: I really did enjoy this book. I read it in about 2 days which is saying a lot for me because not only am I a slow reader, but I also have work and school to keep me busy. I have read the iBooks sample of the next book, Goddess Interrupted, already and plan to really get into it tonight!

Did you read this book? What did you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...