Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new top ten list is posted for us bloggers to share the books we love and discuss anything book related! To see more details about Top Ten Tuesday click HERE

This week's Top Ten Tuesday is Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book. This was actually a pretty hard topic for me but here is what I came up with:

1) ROMANCE. I love anything with romance. It's my weakness, I am a stereotypical girly girl when it comes to this. I get all fan-girly and gush over it. It's just so great :)

Some examples:
-Walking Disaster by Jaime McGuire
-Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
-The Selection by Kiera Cass




2) Mystery. I'm not really into the dark scary mysteries, although I'm sure they are great, but the goofy comedies or pretty much anything with romance (get used to it, it will probably be mentioned in every topic).


Some examples:
-The Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich  
-The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter know, I know, not actually a mystery but the whole book I was trying to figure out who was killing everyone!)



3) Angels. This seems so cheesy when I write it down, I don't know why. Maybe I am still coming to terms with how much I like certain paranormal topics, but this is one of them. I don't have a whole lot of books on this subject yet, but I am always on the look out for a good series about angels.

Some examples:
-Hush, Hush Series by Becca Fitzpatrick
- Fallen Series by Lauren Kate





4) Princesses. Seriously guys, I really want to be a princess. Not an actual princess, with responsibilities and junk but a real life version of a Disney Princess. Like Jasmine or Mia from The Princess Diaries. How cool would that be?

Some Examples:
-The Selection by Kiera Cass (this one might pop up a few times, because its my current series and I'M LOVING IT!)
-The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot - I actually only read the first 5 of these but they were great, as was the movie!



5) Dystopian. The Hunger Games was probably my first dystopian book and I loved it! Great way to get introduced into the genre :) I love the futuristic, anything can happen feeling you get from them.

Some examples:
-The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - obviously
-The Selection by Kiera Cass - lets see how many times I can mention this book in this post ;)
-Divergent by Veronica Roth



6) Magic. I have not read too many books that just have straight up magic in them, but the ones I have read I always love. This is another topic (like Angels) that I am always looking for another good book from.

Some examples:
-HARRY POTTER by J.K. Rowling- am I the only one who reads this is an accent? ...maybe some of you naturally talk with this accent?? Consider yourselves luck, I'm from Texas. I don't have a heavy country accent, but its nothing to be excited about
-The Gemma Doyle Series by Libba Bray (A Great & Terrible Beauty, etc.) - I read these a while back, but I LOVED them!

7) Bad Boys/Forbidden Love. Yes, I get that this falls under the romance category.. but I had to get more specific. I really enjoy reading about a bad boy. I don't know what it is, it just gets me. Probably half the books I read these days have a bad boy or forbidden love in them. Ugh... so good.

Some examples:
-Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
-Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
-Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James




8) College. Since I am a college student I find I am able to relate to characters in college and really enjoy those books. I feel like these books are rather few and far between, or maybe I just have not found them yet, so I always get crazy excited when I find one.

Some examples:
 -Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James- Yes this book is on here a ton. It's one of my favorites. When I first read about this book, I honestly just thought it would be a slightly steamy romance about a girl graduating college. I had already convinced myself I had to read it before I knew what it was about. And boy am I glad
-A Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

9) Comedies.  The other topic that is right up there with romance is comedy. I love a good laugh. And reading a book and busting out laughing? The best.

Some examples:
-Wallbanger by Alice Clayton- Even though the end of this book really let me down, the first half of this book had me laughing so loudly at completely inappropriate times. Like in class... I should probably rethink reading in class.
-The Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich


10) Vampires. Im pretty picky about vampire books, but there are so many to chose from that you can always find a great one out there!

Some examples:-House of Night Series
-Twilight *not series, only the first book... the rest were crap*
-The Morganville Vampire Series - I have not actually read these, so I probably shouldn't even mention them. But they are on my list and I am soooo looking forward to reading them, I just had to include them!

What are some topics or words that make you pick up a book??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...