Thursday, June 6, 2013

Feature & Follow Friday (#8)


Hey guys, I am getting a late start to FFF today, I didn't think about it last night until it was already too late! So without further ado, here is my Feature & Follow Friday!

Today is Friday which means Feature & Follow Friday! FFF is hosted by Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read.  It is an opportunity to gain followers and find new blogs in the book blogging community! You can find more information about it here. This week's featured blogs are Rainy Day Reads & Read. Sleep. Repeat.


If you use bloglovin please follow me with that since GFC will not be available soon! Otherwise, I have made subscribing by email and RSS available also :) Just pick your favorite way of following!

Follow on Bloglovin

This week's question is: Have you ever broken up with a series? If so, which one and why?

Yes, unfortunately. A few series I have a on-again-off-again relationship with. One of those would be the House of Night books by P.C. Cast. I really loved the first few books and then I got tired of the main character. I really want to figure out how these books play out so after they are all complete I will probably buy the rest of them and read them. Another is the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I love these books, so I didn't stop reading them because I was not enjoying them, but as of right now there are 19 books out! That's a lot of books. I plan on reading them all eventually but after reading 11 1/2 in a row, I needed to take a break and see other people.

Once upon a time, I was in a very committed relationship with the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. I read all the books and as I finished each book, I got a little more depressed. This relationship did not end well. Me and Breaking Dawn are not on speaking terms. This book was terrible, and because of it I had to give up my love for this series and explore all the other fish in the sea, there has to be better out there! 

What series have you had to break up with?

(This is totally random... but I have a giveaway for an awesome book that ends Friday night! Go check it out HERE!)


8 comments:

  1. A lot of people have listed the House of Night series, so I definitely won't be reading it! I was okay with Twilight, but I really didn't like the ending of book 4, so I feel your pain. Following via Bloglovin'. Happy Friday! :D

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quit the House of Night series too after 2 books, it became pretty boring after that.. PS: new follower on bloglovin!

    My (first ever) FF:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't even started the HON series, simply because I've seen so many poor reviews of it. I don't think it would work for me. I did, however, try the SHIVER series when I first started blogging, and I hated it. I definitely broke up with that series, and I also broke up with the TWILIGHT series and the MORTAL INSTRUMENTS series (I know - I'm in the minority with that one).

    Great post this week - happy Friday! I'm your 50th follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen HoN on so many!!

    I'm a new follower via GFC!!

    http://angelica-2009.blogspot.com/2013/06/feature-follow-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. House of Night I definitely won't pick up anytime soon cause it seems so tiring for some reason, maybe cause of all the releases :(

    Happy Friday!

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/feature-and-follow-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dislike twilight, and house of night is too much...

    happy friday! :) follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/feature-and-follow-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. House of Night seems to be a VERY popular answer today. Hopping back thru. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Amber! I actually liked House of Night. But it's pretty famous this night. It's my kind of read when I don't want anything light or heavy. I don't know. I seem to enjoy it anyway. ;) Thanks for hopping my FF.

    Nina @ The Bookish Confections

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...