Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Review: Losing It





Book: Losing It (Losing It, #1) by Cora Carmack
Published: February 26th 2013 by William Morrow
My rating: 4.5/5 Stars
Genre: New Adult 

Goodreads Summary:
"Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren’t embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She’d left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier."


My thoughts:

I really loved this book! The main character, Bliss, is on a mission to lose her virginity. Actually her BFF is on a mission to get Bliss to lose her virginity. So in an attempt to make this happen, she meets this really hot, British guy reading Shakespeare in a bar. Honestly, any guy reading in a bar would probably do it for me... add in an accent and I'm sold. But this is not about me and my odd reading habits  Anyway, a terrible excuse and 8 hours later Bliss walks into her final semester of classes and who is the professor? The really hot, British guy she left in her bed last night. Can't go wrong with this book!


Things I enjoyed about this book:

-Theater majors. Theater majors are always hysterical. They are dramatic, loud, loving, and everything bold and enjoyable. At least the ones I know are. And thats how these characters were! I loved reading about them, plus when you read about their classes, it is not like reading about someone taking a boring calc class. They were in a directing class and senior prep for life after graduation. I thought it was entertaining! 

-Bliss is totally socially awkward and nerdy, just like me. Okay, maybe not just like me but close enough to where I felt I could relate to the character. She always thinks too much or says the wrong thing and I know all to well how awkward that makes a situation. And she is a TERRIBLE liar. Prepare to be amused :)


Things I didn't like about this book:

-There's not really anything I didn't like about this book. I know that is lame. I like to have at least one thing that can critique because very few things are perfect and the beauty of books is that we can all interpret them differently or form our own opinions. But I really didn't have anything against this book. I really enjoyed it! 

Overall:  I know most of you have probably read this book. I have seen lots of reviews for Faking It, the sequel  and I plan to read that one soon! This is a great summer book, light, funny and forbidden love! Go get it now :)

Have you read Losing It? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. I really want to read this series. Thank you for your review! New follower :)

    If you get the chance I would love it if you would stop by and follow me as well!

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey’s

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...