Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Review: Point of Retreat



Book: Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2) by Colleen Hoover
Published: February 25th 2012 by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 5 (big bright shiny stars)/5 Stars
Genre: New Adult 

Goodreads Summary:
"Hardships and heartache brought them together…now it will tear them apart. 

Layken and Will have proved their love can get them through anything; until someone from Will’s past re-emerges, leaving Layken questioning the very foundation on which their relationship was built. Will is forced to face the ultimate challenge…how to prove his love for a girl who refuses to stop ‘carving pumpkins.’"

My Thoughts:
I love Colleen Hoover! As of now, I have finished the whole series, and it is so good! I could not imagined a better story, so thank you Colleen Hoover for this awesome series :) This book is a continuation of Will and Layken's story but told through Will's point of view. Now, they can finally be together.. YAYYYY! But, since this is a book and there would be no story without some drama... prepare yourself.

Things I liked about this book:
-It was from Will's POV. I always loved Will, and now we get to see their relationship from his perspective. This book we get more of their personal life, since it is not them hiding their relationship at school. We get to see them act as a family, that was one of my favorite parts!

-I loved the secondary characters! Although most of them we already know, like Eddie & Gavin, Kel & Caulder, Kierston (the crazy neighbor kid)! You get to see them all grow together. Also, they are never forgotten about and they have their own story lines too!

-Butterfly yourself, carving pumpkins, & the point of retreat. You guys should already know what carving pumpkins means, assuming you have read Slammed. Butterfly yourself and point of retreat are things you learn about in this book. I love how they have their own language (kind of) and these phrases mean so much to them. It is hard to explain but it just gives you that extra sense of love all the characters have for each other.

Things I didn't like about this book:
-Nothing. Sorry guys, that is a lame answer, I know. But I really did love this series and I do not have any complaints! So go read it now :)

Have you read Point of Retreat? What did you think??

PS- I've got a giveaway going right now for a great summer book! Check it out HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I feel ashamed that I haven't read Slammed yet...I've had it there on my TBR list but just haven't read it yet. I'm thinking that maybe that should change very soon!

    I like the idea that you get the guys POV in the 2nd book! Great review :)

    Amy @ The Reading Realm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...